I suggest you ...

Have each on-air episode be augmented with an online instructional video

I love the format: We get to see the artist create one of their works of art. One can "almost" follow along and create the same painting. But not quite. It seems that the artists' whole process from start to finish was filmed, but then edited. Out of necessity the show needs to introduce the artist, their motivation, philosophy and give an overview of all their work, not just one piece. That seems to leave a lot of good/great footage specific to that piece one piece cutting room floor. That technical stuff and the artists how's and why's--Would fit great into
"how-to" video of the piece. That footage could be supplementary on website. (And the artist may generate a market for more how-to videos)--those could be pay per view etc. Would people like this?

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Phil Othmer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Helynn Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen a few episodes on You-tube and the artist seems to leave out a lot by way of instruction. If I'm going to buy the instructional dvd's, then I'd like to know that a lot more detail and instruction has been included in it. If they do vary from the you-tube videos with much more instruction, so far I haven't seen that advertised anywhere on the website. In particular, I'm looking for detailed instruction on painting in watercolour at an advanced level. Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base